- 5 tart New England apples, cored and chopped
- ⅔ c sugar
- 1 c dark raisins
- ½ c pecans, chopped
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c skim milk
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.