Everyone has their favorite recipe for apple crisp. Here’s an easy one that’s especially good made with Ginger Golds.
- 6 medium Ginger Gold or other New England apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c water
- 3/4 c oat or wheat flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter
- Place apples in a buttered 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and water.
- Mix flour, sugar, and butter with a fork or pastry cutter, and spread evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, until apples are soft and top is brown. Serve plain or with frozen yogurt or ice cream.