- 5 c sliced McIntosh apples
- 1 c water
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 t finely grated lemon peel
- In saucepan, combine apples, water and sugar. Heat to boil, simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Puree apple mixture in blender or food processor fitted with chopping blade; stir in lemon peel.
- Pour mixture into 8- or 9-inch metal pan and freeze until almost hard.
- Return to blender or food processor and puree until chunks break up and mixture is fluffy.
- Pack in freezer-proof container and store in freezer until ready to serve.