- 6 New England baking apples, peeled and cored
Fruit and Nut Filling:
- ¼ c almonds, chopped
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ½ c sugar
- 2 T raisins
Bread Crumb Coating:
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 6 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix all ingredients for Fruit and Nut Filling and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix all ingredients for Bread Crumb Coating and set aside.
- Coat prepared apples with melted butter. Roll them in bread crumb mixture.
- Place in ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish. Fill core cavities with filling.
- Add remaining melted butter to core cavities. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.