Sautéed Apple Slices with Apricot Sauce
- Apricot Sauce:
- 10 dried apricots, with enough hot water to cover
- 2 16-oz cans apricot halves, drained
- 1/3 c water
- 3 large, tart New England apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 16ths
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- In medium bowl, combine dried apricots with hot water and let stand 10 minutes to soften and plump. Drain thoroughly.
- Using a food processor, purée dried apricots 10 seconds. Add drained canned apricots and blend 20 seconds.
- With processor running, add 1/4 cup water. Consistency should be thick but flowing. Add remaining water, if necessary. Transfer to container with tight-fitting lid, and chill until 15 minutes before serving time.
- In medium-hot skillet, sautée apples, sugar, and vanilla for 3 minutes, tossing with spatula, until apples are crisp-tender.
- To serve, spoon 3 tablespoons apricot sauce on each dessert plate. Arrange 6 warm apples slices on top. Serve immediately.