- ½ c onion, vertically sliced
- 1 c (2 medium) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1½ t vegetable oil
- 1 t dried basil, crushed
- 1 c fresh Chinese pea pods
- 1 T water
- 1 medium New England apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lb cubed boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1 T oil
- 2 c cooked rice
- Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 T vegetable oil in non-stick skillet until lightly browned and cooked. Remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry onion, carrots and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender.
- Stir in pea pods and water; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in apples.
- Add to chicken, serve hot over cooked rice.