- ½ c dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 t olive oil
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T finely chopped onion
- ½ t salt
- ½ t dried thyme, crushed
- ⅛ t pepper
- 1 New England apple, cored, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut in 1-inch squares and separated
- 1 small onion, cut in 1-inch squares and separated
- 1 pound halibut, cut in 1-inch cubes
- Combine wine, oil, lime juice, onion, salt, thyme, and pepper; mix well. Marinate remaining ingredients in mixture 1 or 2 hours.
- Thread apple, pepper, onion, and halibut on long metal or bamboo skewers; repeat five times on each skewer, ending with apple.
- Broil or grill 4 or 5 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Serve warm or cold.