- 1 c vertically sliced onion
- 1 c thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 c thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- ½ lb turkey breast, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium New England apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 pita bread, lightly toasted
- ½ c plain yogurt
- Sautée onion and peppers in oil in non-stick skillet until crisp; add turkey and thoroughly heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in apple.
- Fill pita halves with apple-turkey mixture; drizzle with yogurt. Serve warm.