- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 New England apples, cored and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts, halved
- 10-oz can condensed chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 T apple brandy, cider, or apple juice
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley or dill, minced
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Stir in apples, sliced onion, artichokes, broth, brandy, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook 3 minutes.
- Spread chicken breasts in skillet; arrange apples, onion and artichokes on top. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Season to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or dill and a few of the apple slices before serving.