- 2 New England apples, halved, cored, and chopped
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper (6-inch, mild, green), seeded and chopped
- ½ c chopped onion
- ¼ c lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c dry white wine
- ¼ c cider or apple juice
- 1 t lime zest
- ½ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- Combine salsa ingredients and mix well; allow flavors to blend for 30 minutes. Serve over or alongside grilled chicken.
- For grilled chicken, combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain; cook on a medium-hot grill, turning once, until chicken tests done.