- 1 McIntosh or other New England apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 c celery, chopped
- 1 c fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 c onion, minced
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 c milk (enough to moisten)
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 McIntosh apple, cored and sliced
- 2 T ketchup
- 2 T molasses
- 1 t mustard
- 1/2 McIntosh apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 T horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except second (sliced) apple together. Place in 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. Press apple slices into top of meatloaf. Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 hour.
- Mix ingredients for glaze. Remove meatloaf from oven and glaze. Continue baking for 7-10 more minutes.
- Mix ingredients for sauce and serve with meatloaf.