- 3 New England apples, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3-1/2 c cooked brown rice
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, trimmed, and chopped
- ¼ c sliced green onions
- Dijon vinaigrette:
- 3 T olive oil
- ¼ c chopped parsley
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 2 t Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t sugar
- ½ t salt
- black pepper to taste
- Gently toss apples with lemon juice.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss remaining ingredients with apples, dress with vinaigrette, and chill until ready to serve.