Apple Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1/2 t celery seed
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t dry mustard
- 3/4 c water
- 3 t cider vinegar
- 2 T salad dressing
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 6 c shredded cabbage
- 2 New England apples, cored and chopped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, celery seed, salt, and dry mustard in 2-cup microwave-safe bowl.
- Gradually stir in water and vinegar until smooth.
- Microwave uncovered, on high, for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes, stirring once, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Mix in salad dressing and yogurt.
- Combine cabbage and apples in serving bowl and pour on dressing.
- Toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate.