Apple Raspberry Salad
Recipe Type: Recipe provided by the Michigan Apple Committee
- 1 package (3 oz) raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen raspberries or 1 c fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 c chopped, unpeeled apples, like Empire, IdaRed, Jonathan, McIntosh, Red Delicious, or Rome
- 1 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c broken pecan pieces
- 1/2 c sliced celery
- In 2 quart mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add raspberries and stir gently until thawed.
- Stir in apples, applesauce, pecans, and celery.
- Pour into serving dish or mold. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until mixture is set.
- Serve as salad or as an accompaniment to beef, pork, or chicken.