- 4-5 Cortland or other New England apples, cored and cut into small chunks
- ¾ c celery, cut into small pieces
- ¾ c dates, chopped
- 3 T fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1-1/2 t orange zest
- ¾ c sour cream
- 1-1/2 T mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 T sweetened whipped cream
- ½ c walnuts, chopped
- Mix together the apples, celery, dates, orange juice, and orange zest until evenly blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and whipped cream. Add to apple mixture and blend. Chill.
- Before serving, mix walnuts into salad.