- 3 New England apples, diced or shredded
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 lb low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 c low-fat sour cream
- 3 c low-fat milk
- 1 c raisins
- 1 lb broad noodles, boiled and drained
- 2-1/2 c whole-grain cereal, like cornflakes, crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except topping. Spoon into a 9" x 13" greased baking dish, cover and chill 4 hours.
- Set oven to 350°. Sprinkle cereal on top of kugel and bake for 1-1/4 hours.