- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 c thinly sliced or shredded red cabbage
- 2 large New England apples
- ⅔ c mayonnaise
- ⅔ c sour cream
- ½ c ketchup
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Coarsely grate carrots and onion into a large bowl. Add cabbage.
- Core and thinly slice apples. Add to cabbage mixture.
- Beat mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix into slaw.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with chilled apple slaw.