Chunky Apple Pudding
- 36 whole-grain crackers
- 4 McIntosh or other New England apples, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c sugar
- 4 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon rind
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Soak crackers in hot water to soften; drain and crumble into mixing bowl.
- Combine apples in bowl with raisins, sugar, oil, lemon rind, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs well and pour over the other ingredients. Stir to coat.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.