- 1 McIntosh or other New England apple, grated and peeled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t ground ginger
- ¼ t ground mustard
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t dried thyme
- 4 sole, cod, or other white fish fillets
- ¼ c water or broth
- Heat oven to 400°; lightly oil roasting pan. In medium-size bowl, combine all but last two ingredients and mix well.
- Spread this mixture evenly over length of fillets and carefully roll up.
- Place fillets, seam side down, in roasting pan, and pour broth over.
- Cover with foil and bake 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes. If using microwave, bake 5 minutes.