- 2 lbs smoked ham, sliced
- 2 t vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 New England apples, like IdaRed, Cortland, or Rome
- ½ c raisins
- ½ c apple jack
- 2 c ham stock or chicken broth
- 1 T cornstarch
- ½ c apple cider, cold
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Lightly "sweat" onions until softened.
- Add apples, raisins, and apple jack and slowly cook until most of liquid has reduced. Add stock and bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, combine cornstarch and cider and add to stock as thickener.
- Warm the sliced ham in oven. Serve slices topped with the cider sauce.